Kemiex is a digital solution for buyers and sellers of raw materials to digitalise transactions and obtain information about the Feed, Food, Vet, and Pharma industries. In the following series of articles, we will explain the functions and uses of products that can be found in the Kemiex marketplace. On this occasion, we are going to explain the benefits of Vitamin B1 Mononitrate or Thiamin nitrate (thiamine nitrate):
What is Vitamin B1 mononitrate used for?
Vitamin B1 Mononitrate, also known as Thiamine nitrate, is a water-soluble vitamin that is required for good health. It is one of the B-complex vitamins, and plays an important role in many of the body's processes, including energy production, nerve function, heart health, and eye health.
What are the main benefits of Thiamine nitrate?
Some of the key uses and benefits of Vitamin B1 Mononitrate include:
1. Supports Energy production:
Thiamine nitrate is involved in the conversion of food into energy, particularly in the metabolism of carbohydrates.
2. Helps Nervous system:
Thiamine nitrate is essential for proper nervous system function, and is involved in the transmission of nerve impulses.
3. Improves Cardiovascular health:
Thiamine nitrate is important for maintaining healthy heart function, and may help to reduce the risk of heart disease.
4. Supports Appetite regulation:
Vitamin B1 mononitrate is involved in regulating appetite, and may help to reduce the risk of overeating and weight gain.
5. Improves Eye health:
Thiamine nitrate is involved in maintaining healthy eye function, and may help to reduce the risk of certain eye disorders.
Overall, Vitamin B1 mononitrate is an important nutrient for good health, and ensuring adequate intake is essential for maintaining good health and preventing deficiency-related problems. Thiamine nitrate is widely available in many common foods, and is often included in vitamin and mineral supplements to ensure adequate intake.
Which foods are the main sources of Thiamine nitrate?
Vitamin B1 Mononitrate, or Thiamine nitrate, can be found in a variety of foods, making it easy to get enough of this important nutrient through diet. Some of the best food sources of Vitamin B1 mononitrate include:
1. Whole grains: Whole grain products, such as whole wheat bread, brown rice, and oatmeal, are good sources of Thiamine nitrate.
2. Pork: Pork, particularly pork chops and pork loin, is a rich source of the vitamin.
3. Nuts: Almonds, sunflower seeds, and peanuts are good sources of Thiamine nitrate.
4. Legumes: Lentils, chickpeas, and black beans are good sources of the vitamin.
5. Yeast: Nutritional yeast, commonly used in vegan cooking, is a good source of Thiamine nitrate.
6. Fortified breakfast cereals: Some breakfast cereals are fortified with Thiamine nitrate.
7. Fortified pasta: Some pasta products are fortified with Thiamine nitrate.
8. Rice: Brown rice, wild rice, and enriched white rice are good sources of the vitamin.
9. Dairy products: Milk and yogurt can contain small amounts of Thiamine nitrate.
10. Fish: Fish, such as salmon and trout, contain small amounts of Thiamine nitrate.
In addition, Thiamine nitrate is often included in vitamin and mineral supplements, which can be a convenient way to ensure adequate intake for those who are at risk of deficiency.
It is important to note that Thiamine nitrate can be lost when food is processed or cooked, so it is best to consume a variety of Thiamine-rich foods to ensure adequate intake, and to choose minimally processed or uncooked foods whenever possible.
Recommended daily intake (RDI) of Vitamin B1
The recommended daily intake (RDI) of Vitamin B1, also known as Thiamin, varies based on age and gender. According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following are the RDIs for Thiamin:
Infants (0-6 months): 0.2 milligrams (mg)
Infants (7-12 months): 0.3 mg
Children (1-3 years): 0.5 mg
Children (4-8 years): 0.6 mg
Children (9-13 years): 0.9 mg
Males and females (14 years and older): 1.2 mg
Pregnant women: 1.4 mg
Breastfeeding women: 1.5 mg
It is important to note that these are general guidelines and individual needs may vary based on factors such as health status, other nutrient intake, and physical activity level. Consulting a healthcare professional is recommended to determine the appropriate daily intake for each person.
What are the main benefits of Vitamin B1 mononitrate or Thiamin nitrate for animals?
Vitamin B1 Mononitrate is essential for animals, just as it is for humans. It plays an important role in maintaining overall health and well-being. Here are a few of the main benefits of Thiamin for animals:
1. Growth and development: Thiamin is important for growth and development in young animals, and adequate intake is essential for healthy development and growth.
2. Energy production: Thiamin plays a role in the metabolism of carbohydrates and helps to convert food into energy that can be used by the animal's body.
3. Appetite regulation: Thiamin is involved in regulating appetite in animals and may help to reduce the risk of overeating and weight gain.
4. Nervous system function: Thiamin is involved in the transmission of nerve impulses and is important for maintaining proper nervous system function in animals.
5. Reproduction: Thiamin is also important for reproductive health in animals, and is involved in the production of hormones and other reproductive substances.
6. Heart health: Thiamin is important for maintaining healthy heart function in animals and may help to reduce the risk of heart disease.
In summary, Thiamine nitrate is an important nutrient for animals, and ensuring adequate intake is essential for maintaining good health and preventing deficiency-related problems. Vitamin B1 mononitrate can be found in a variety of foods, and is also available in vitamin and mineral supplements.
Where to buy bulk Thiamine nitrate and get market information?
In Kemiex, we offer a safe and private online environment to buy and sell raw materials for the Feed, Food, Vet, and Pharma industries. We also offer market information such as Price Trends, Trade Flows and Market News for all the micro-ingredients of the mentioned industries.
If you are a professional and want to have access to the Kemiex marketplace and insights, feel free to ask for a free demonstration to see how we can help you.